Aerosoft A320 and bank angle

1 year ago
Hi,
I always seem to get penalized for the Bank in the Take-Off Acceleration section. The Limit is 15 degrees, and I am using an Aerosoft A320 which doesn’t have any option to set a bank angle or not increase beyond the 15 degrees limit.My PMDG Boeing has some option to limit the bank angle, but in Airbus I always seem to lose the points for something that I don’t really have control on…

What are my options here, one of the thing I am trying to do is take the turn with autopilot by handling the turn manually, slowly. But mid flight that gets tiresome to keep checking every turn…

Thanks,
Vincent
Pascal
Chief Operations Officer
Content Manager
Community Manager
1 year ago
Hi, 

The bank angle limit exceeded is solely the bank angle during take-off acceleration. This is up to 1500ft AGL, as referenced in the complete guide to flight scoring. This scoring item was implemented as (in general) performing high(er) bank turns during climb-out, whilst still close to the ground introduces a safety risk that is preferably avoided, both in sim and in the real world. This means that engaging the autopilot above 1500ft AGL or monitoring initial turns away from the airport will ensure that this item is scored in full. 

Regards,

Pascal
1 year ago
Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the clarification, I do realize some of the turns as per the flight plan are almost immediate after take off, which I do after about 400 ft. Will give that a shot, thank you again!

Regards,
Vincent

This topic is closed for replies.